still have a TON of packing left to do.
so instead i spent a while (about the length of the les mis soundtrack) making sculpy things instead! don’t let it be said that i have good time management skills! photos to come shortly.
and if you haven’t already, go ahead and vote on the name of our soon-to-be-opening shop!
friend and i are considering opening an online shop to sell our wares. this mostly includes handmade polymer clay items (see this tag for examples).
we need a name! we’re having a lot of trouble coming up with something clever and descriptive. prospective things we’ll be making include (not limited to):
- ornaments (when holiday season rolls around)
and categories covered will include (as an example range):
- harry potter
- doctor who
- video games (old school like mario and new stuff like kingdom hearts)
- internet memes
- random monsters?
idk. ecclectic? anyway, thoughts on a name?
- finally got a frame for my space tour poster (
but wasn’t that from 2011?)
- bought approximately 4 tons of sculpey, because…
- getting back into making earrings/etc! a friend is going to a convention at the end of the month, and we’re gonna attempt to sell our wares (i’ll be in the process of heading out of town by then, so she’ll be taking our stuff solo, but she’s better at in-person sales anyway. we’re in serious talks about setting up an online store soon, if anyone is interested in any of the stuff you’ve seen me messing with on here)
- speaking of, if anyone has ideas/requests, just send an ask or a comment, and i’ll see what i can do (even if you don’t want to buy, i’m always interested in seeing what people want to see made out of clay - i’m up for a challenge!)
- been slowly solo-marathoning supernatural (about half a dozen episodes into season 1 now). without spoilers, what season 1 episode is your favorite? (for those of you who follow supernatural)
- obligatory question mark so people can reply to this post?
considering starting a sketch diary, after seeing emitown when i visited a comic book store. sounds like a pretty awesome idea. only problem is my ability to follow through on creative things (see: project podfic, sculpey, photoshop, etc etc etc). also i have a need to vent every so often, but usually i have too many thoughts exploding in a short time span, so typing is faster. still, it would be good since i’ve been wanting to try to practice drawing more. maybe should get a cheap sketchbook, keep the pressure off (i have a totally blank sketchbook, but it’s way too nice…though part of me is saying ‘screw it; it’s just a book - what are you saving it for?’).